The Lions Club of Mildura was formed on 13/10/1966 and chartered on 11/03/1967. We are an active and dedicated Service Club in the Sunraysia Region based in the city of Mildura in the north-western corner of Victoria.
We can be seen at Community events with our BBQ trailers, catering van and coolroom.
From activities such as this, Lions raise funds to support Local, National and International projects.
Internationally Lions have 1.36 million men and women in 205 countries and geographic areas conduct vision and health screenings, build parks, support eye hospitals, award scholarships, assist youth, provide help in time of disaster and much more. Lions were challenged to be "Knights of the Blind" by the late Helen Keller in 1923. As part of that challenge, Australian Lions collect and recycle spectacles for redistribution in third world countries. Lions are also very active in sight conseervation and blindness prevention programmes, even within Australia in the more remote areas.
Did you know that the white cane used by the visually impared started out as a Lions project before it became internationally recognised?